No of Direct Reports
Type of Contract
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree/Diploma in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration
- At least 7 years related experience related in the Construction Environment
- At least 3 years in a Construction environment managing position
To manage and direct the procurement process and ensure that proper purchasing procedures are followed and that the Company gets the right material and cost effective buying to meet operational needs.
Knowledge & Skills
- Good communication skills – Internally & Externally
- Good negotiating and analytical skills with high integrity
- Managing one’s own time and the time of others.
- Motivating, developing, and directing people as they work.
- Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and record
- Transportation Knowledge of principles and methods for moving people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road, including the relative costs and benefits.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distributing goods or services.
- Meet with representatives to discuss quality, delivery dates, prices and new products.
- Assist the tender department with tender buying as required.
- Ensure smart buying to comply with company strategy and policies
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without sacrificing quality or delivery times
- Establish and supervise maintenance of files, data and VMS supplier database
- Manage the company’s BBBEE strategy and more specifically with regards to the element of Enterprise and Supplier Development
- Ensure a sufficient and effective BBBEE compliant supplier database
- Implement and uphold BBBEE quality reporting systems
- Responsible for the BBEE Compliance requirements and developing evaluation models
- Implement knowledge of Government Regulation BBBEE ACT, Good Codes of Practice and amendments
Internal / External Communications
- Internally – Mainly Operations, Finance, QA/QC and Commercial
- Externally with Suppliers, Inspectors, Auditors, etc
Special Requirement/ Features
- Needs to keep abreast of new procurement methods and technology
- Ensure that suppliers are not compromised in any way that may cause delay to operations or contracts