- Daily discussion with sales team and managers
- Collation of monthly quote report
- Ensuring monthly sales targets are met
- Resolution of any issues between production; team or clients
- Call on existing client base in allocated region and to develop new customer data base
- Understand company policies and procedures- adhering to them and adding value where required- including internal sales structure
- Technical Management
- In-depth technical knowledge, and ability to specify and select products for any requirements
- Technical training to sales staff/consultants
- Strategic sales activity planning and implementation
- Define expansion strategy into Africa- calling on existing base and growing it
- Travel to Africa- per quarter
- Identify potential customers in current markets in order to increase market share
- Attend/ Represent Trade Shows
- Product Development
- Identification of any products which may offer increased sales potential
- Obtain market information
- Weekly and monthly report generation
- Attend Business Improvement Program meeting
- Bring product price issues or design issues to attention and resolve
- Manage key projects and accounts
- Assist external sales Representatives in their management of projects
- Understanding HVAC industry and its main players
- AHU/HVAC electronic selection program development and management- and price list development
- Visit consulting engineers and specifiers regularly, report on calls
- Conduct research to identify new products and customer needs
- Arrange business meetings with prospective clients and consultants
- Promote the company’s products/services addressing or predicting customer needs
- Prepare quotes as per customers’ needs
- Keep record of sales, turnover per customer
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on existing or potential sales outlets and other trade stakeholders.
- Adjusts content of sales presentations by studying the type of sales outlet or trade factor.
- Focuses sales efforts by studying existing and potential volume of customers.
- Submits orders by referring to price lists and product literature.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity and results reports, such as weekly call reports, weekly work plans, and monthly and annual territory analyses.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, delivery schedules, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommends changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Resolves customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Provides historical records by maintaining records on area and customer sales.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Required skills and Abilities
- Proven working experience as a business development manager/ HVAC Sales with relevant industry experience
- Proven sales track record
- Proficiency in English and Afrikaans
- Proficiency in MS Office and CRM Software
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Experience in high-level negotiations
- Experience in customer support
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Present/promote products using solid arguments to existing and prospective customers
- Achieve sales targets and outcomes within time schedule
- Supply management with reports on customer needs, problems, interests, competitive activities, and potential for new products and services
- Keep abreast with HVAC industry trends
- BSc; BTech; NDip or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Proven working experience in mechanical engineering for at least 2 years
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with CRM practices along with ability to build productive business professional relationships
- Highly motivated and target driven, with a proven track record in sales
- Selling, negotiation skills essential
- Organisational, time management and prioritising skills
- Ability to create and deliver presentations tailored to the audience needs
Salary: Basic , Pension, Car Allowance, Medical Aid, Potential quarterly commission