Base: Port Elizabeth
Travel: Across Africa
We are looking for Refrigeration technicians in their late 20’s to 30’s that are prepared to travel into Africa and willing to be based in Port Elizabeth.
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in maintenance and repair of Freon Gas refrigeration systems. (Multiplex & Simplex Systems)
- Packages offered will be commensurate with level of experience.
- Must also have a good electrical background.
Install and troubleshoot refrigeration systems. They can work on Commercial Systems such as ice machines, beverage equipment and refrigerated storage units. Perform preventative maintenance to avoid future problems or breakdowns. Able to work on mechanical and electrical components of these systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Install New Refrigeration Systems
- Responsible for installing Cold Room Condensing Units such as Refrigeration Simplex and Multiplex Systems.
- Installation of Pipe work. Knowledgeable about all components of these systems, read blueprints and schematics, understand compliance standards, know local building codes and apply welding and soldering techniques as required.
Repair and Upgrade Refrigeration Systems
- A primary responsibility is to diagnose problems and make repairs to existing equipment.
- Apply troubleshooting methods, replace parts and run tests to ensure the systems is working properly following repairs.
- Upgrade systems to satisfy new regulations or meet new standards.
Maintain Existing Refrigeration Systems
- Performing preventative maintenance on refrigeration systems. This entails following a checklist of parts and operations that need to be tested during a routine inspection of existing equipment, such as compressors, condensers, electrical connections and motor operations.
- Must possess strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
- Should have the ability to work both independently and in teams as needed.
- Good math, communication and basic computer skills are also essential.
- Understanding the operations of commercial and residential refrigeration systems
- Diagnosing malfunctions and defects in equipment
- Reading blueprints and electrical and electronic schematics
- Grasping electrical and plumbing concepts
- Operating tools, gauges and other testing equipment for refrigeration systems