Position Available: Quantity Surveyor
Location: Various sites in Gauteng, Eastern Cape and Kwazulu-Natal
Reporting To: Site Agent/Site Manager and Commercial Manager and/or Operations Manager
About our Client:
Our client is fully transformed Construction and Civil Engineering Company founded in 2010 by a team of professionals with vast experience in the construction and civil engineering industries.
Our client specializes in infrastructure development and primarily focuses on the private and public sectors by providing strategic end-to-end solutions.
In this challenging role you will require the following:
- Minimum of a BSc degree/ Diploma in Quantity Surveying
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a Construction environment.
- Good interpersonal skills, writing abilities and organizational skills.
- Must be computer literate (CCS, MS Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be fluent in English.
- Must possess a strong attention to detail and excellent record keeping skills.
- Must have a valid drivers’ license and own transport.
- Use own initiative, be able to work independently and without supervision.
Key Performance Areas:
In this challenging role the following will be expected from you:
On contract award:
- Agree method of measurement, system to be implemented with PQS / Client.
- Agree date of Interim Payment Certificates.
- Prepare cash flows required by Client and Head Office.
- Be acquainted with contract documents and tender submission.
- Measurement from drawings & identify opportunities to maximize revenue.
- Assist with measurement of quantities for material ordering.
- Monthly valuations.
- Monthly cost report and forecasts.
- Pre-measure of work.
- Variation Orders and Approval of.
Interim Payment Certificates:
- Agree Interim Payment Certificates with Client including quantities, variations, new rates, escalation, etc.
- Ensure payment certificates are done timeously with Client and that payment is made.
- Agree final account on contract completion.
- A. forms correct and with subcontractor payment.
- Ensure costing systems are utilized effectively.
- Better Buying – with regards to Sub Contractors.
- Better buying of materials.
- Reconciliations of Subcontractor payments
- Understand contractual and legal requirements of contract.
- Identify contractual claims.
- Record delays, extras, variations & notify management and Client of any potential contractual claim.
- Maintain formal correspondence.
- Appoint subcontractors including clarifying the contractual obligations, agreeing rates for the work to be done and formalize the contract agreement.
- Contractual Admin. – For Our client and Sub Contractors.
- Generate monthly cost reports with all supporting documentation for management meeting.
- Ensure timeous payment to ourselves.
- Agreement of Final Accounts – Our client and Sub Contractors
- Timeous Sub Contractor payments.
- Set up daily cost monitoring and see that implemented.
Salary on Offer:
Negotiable depending on experience & qualifications
Starting Date: Immediate
Only applicants meeting the strict criteria outlined above will be contacted as part of the shortlisting process. Should you not be contacted with 14 days from submitting your application please consider your application unsuccessful