POSITION: LEAD QUANTITY SURVEYOR
REPORTING DIRECTLY TO: THE PROJECT MANAGER
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Minimum requirements include a B.Sc. or (B.Sc. Hons) Quantity Surveying from a recognized academic institution.
- Candidate must be registered as a Professional Quantity Surveyor with the South African Council for the Quantity Surveying profession (SACQSP).
- 5-8 years’ post graduate experience working on commercial, industrial, agricultural and residential in a Consulting Office.
- Extensive experience on large building projects – commercial, residential, industrial or agricultural.
- Candidates must be highly competent in the use of WinQS, Bill and be capable in MS Office Excel.
- Experience in estimating and measurement of construction works prior to tender, producing the bill of quantities; produce tender documentation and manage the tender process; clarify and evaluate tenders; and manage the resultant contract through monthly valuations, variations control, contract administration and assessment of claims.
- Candidate must be able to work independently, be self-motivated and have excellent communication
- Candidate must be responsible for cost planning, value engineering, value management, feasibility studies, cost benefit analysis, life-cycle costing, risk analysis, tendering, valuation, change control, dispute resolution, claims management, project management, cost estimation and value for money
- The application of expert knowledge of costs and prices of work, labour, materials and plant required, and an understanding of the implications of design decisions at an early stage to ensure that value is obtained for the money to be expended.
- Ability to measure from multiple drawing formats, hard-copy, PDF, DWG, DXF, Revit and ArchiCAD.
- Must also be able to measure from specifications and sketches produced by designers.
*NB* IF THIS POSITION IS NOT FOR YOU, PERHAPS YOU KNOW OF SOMEONE THAT IT WOULD BE. PLEASE FEEL FREE TO REFER!!