We Are looking for a Qualified HVAC Technician in Johannesburg.
Duties and Responsibilities
Must complete various tasks pertaining to the operation of HVAC systems.
Install New Systems
The Technician will be responsible for installing climate-control systems. The Technician will need to be knowledgeable about all components of these systems, read schematics, understand compliance standards and apply welding and brazing techniques as required.
Repair and Upgrade Systems
The Technician is to diagnose problems and make repairs to existing equipment, apply troubleshooting methods, replace parts and run tests to ensure the systems is working properly following repairs. The Technician will also upgrade systems to satisfy new load requirements.
Maintain Existing Systems
Performing preventative maintenance on HVAC systems. This entails following a checklist of parts and operations that need to be tested during a routine inspection of existing equipment, such as compressors, condensers, electrical connections and motor operations.
• The HVAC Technician must possess strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Should have the ability to work both independently and in teams as needed.
• Good math, communication and basic computer skills.
• Should be in good physical condition, as this job requires lifting and carrying equipment, standing and kneeling for long periods of time.
• Understanding the operations of commercial and residential systems
• Diagnosing malfunctions and defects in equipment
• Reading blueprints and electrical and electronic schematics
• Grasping electrical and plumbing concepts
• Operating tools, gauges and other testing equipment for refrigeration systems