GENERAL MANAGER: CIVIL CONSTRUCTION – MTHATHA EASTERN CAPE
Reporting to the Regional Manager EC/WC, this position will be responsible for the profitable delivery of all Water related construction projects and small works i.e. WTW WWTW, pipelines etc. The GM is required to ensure that all contracts are completed on time, within budget and to maintain an excellent relationship with our Clients. This position is to be based in Mthatha Eastern Cape. AA essential, preferably someone that currently lives in the EC or has lived in the EC., Must have CONTRACTOR Background.
CRITICAL PERFORMANCE OBJECTIVES:
- Overall management by following company policies and managing financial performance to drive overall profitability.
- Provide leadership and strategic direction for the successful execution of all projects.
- Tendering which will include site inspections, preparation of tenders for submission to head office for approval.
- Building new customer relationships.
- Human resource management by ensuring that the required skilled personnel are employed for the successful execution of the project.
- Implement training programmes to ensure employees enhance their qualifications.
- Ensure business processes, tools and internal controls are in place to support operations.
- Attend and report at progress meetings with Clients.
- Managing sub-contractors, creditors including signing of orders and subcontractor payments.
- Preparing monthly payment certificates and monthly valuations.
- Interpreting drawings and abstracting material quantities.
- Ensure safety, quality and environmental standards are met in terms of the ISO and legal requirement.
- Debtors control.
Knowledge and skills
- B Sc. Civil Engineering/Construction Management or related field
- 10 – 15 years’ experience in managing multiple construction projects.
- 3 years’ experience in a GM role
- Tendering experience
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
- Proven record of satisfactory prior performance
- Excellent communication skills
Appointments will be made in accordance with the Employment Equity Plan.